- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- ½ bunch parsley, only the leaves
- 30 g pine nuts
- grated zest of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 red horned peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for brushing
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Broiler.
- Crumble the feta, in a large bowl, with your hands.
- Chop the red pepper into 0.5 cm cubes and add to the bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley and add to the bowl.
- Place a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the pine nuts and toast until golden.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Coarsely chop the pine nuts and add to the bowl.
- Add the lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix with a spoon until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Set filling aside to prepare the red horned peppers.
- Slice the cap off of the peppers and carefully remove the seeds with a sharp knife.
- Fill them with the filling, using a spoon. You can also use a pastry bag to fill them easier.
- Cover peppers with caps and insert 2 toothpicks to keep them closed.
- Lightly brush a 20x30 cm pyrex or ovenproof baking dish with olive oil and add the peppers, placing them one next to the other.
- Brush the surface of the peppers with olive oil and place on the highest rack in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.