- 10 onions for the stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g small white mushrooms
- 2 eggplants (400 g)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500 g red wine
- 1 vegetable cube
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, only the leaves + extra for serving
- 250 g water
- 400 g mix of rice and wild rice for serving
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In plenty of water, soak the spring onion for the stew. Allow 1 hour so you can clean them more easily. Strain.
- Peel with a knife and pat dry. Set aside for later.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the mushrooms (whole) for 2-3 minutes or cut them in 2 pieces if they are very big.
- Cut the eggplants into 2 cm pieces and add them to the pot. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add the whole spring onions for the stew to the pot.
- Cut the onion and the garlic in slices. Add them to the pot and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Dust with flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomato paste and mix.
- Add the wine, vegetable cube, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Allow a small quantity of wine to evaporate and add the water.
- Boil for 30-40 minutes until the eggplants and the spring onions are soft and you have a thick sauce.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Season to taste and serve with wild rice (boil following the instructions on the package) and extra thyme.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by