- 1 broccoli, large
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- chili flakes
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 220* C (428* F) Fan.
- Place an empty 30x35 cm non-stick roasting pan in the oven and allow it to get very hot.
- Chop the broccoli into florets with a small knife and rinse under running water.
- Peel the stems of each floret, removing its tough exterior.
- Cut each floret it in half, lengthwise.
- Peel the tough exterior of the main stem all the way around.
- Cut into pieces that are 3-4 cm in length and 0.5 cm thick.
- Place all of the pieces of broccoli into a bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, sugar, pepper and chili flakes. The sugar wil really help it caramelize and give it a delicious flavor!
- Toss to coat.
- When the oven and pan are hot enough, carefully remove the roasting pan from the oven and immediately spread the pieces of broccoli in the pan in a single layer.
- Make sure you place them cut side down in the pan. This will help the broccoli cook faster.
- You want to move quickly so the oven temperature doesn’t drop.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli is ready.
- When ready, remove from oven and immediately transfer to a bowl. You don’t want the broccoli to continue cooking in the hot pan.
- Drizzle with some tahini sauce and serve warm!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by