- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 500 g chicken, thigh, boneless, cut in to 2 cm pieces
- 1 clove(s) of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, medium sized, cut in to 0.5 cm cubes
- 250 g champignon mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 0.5 cm cubes
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2-3 stick(s) celery, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 50 g white wine
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1.000-1.250 g water
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard, powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme, dry
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 g heavy cream 35%
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 potatoes, medium, boiled and cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 425 g puff pastry sheets
Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie
1 hour 30 minutes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a deep pot over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Remove any fat from the chicken and cut in to 1-2 cm cubes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pot and the chicken cubes.
- Sauté for a few minutes, until golden.
- Add the vegetables, apart from the potatoes and sauté until the onion becomes translucent. Add a little more olive oil if necessary.
- Add the wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the flour. Stir and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the bouillon cube and water.
- Turn down heat to low. Cover pot and simmer for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken has almost completely softened.
- Since flour has been added, you should stir with a wooden spoon from time to time so that the sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.
- When the chicken is soft enough, remove from heat and add the heavy cream and parsley.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Transfer to an ovenproof baking dish that can hold 2 liters. The dish should have enough sauce that is quite thick.
- You can add some boiled potatoes, chopped in to cubes. This is optional. The consistency of the dish should be like thick soup. Season to taste.
- Whisk the egg and brush over the edges of the baking dish.
- Spread the puff pastry over the baking dish and press down along the edges so it can stick. The egg brushed there will help it stick easier.
- Pierce the surface of the puff pastry with a sharp knife so that the steam created while cooking can escape. Brush the remaining egg over the puff pastry.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden.
It's α "pie" because it has only sheet from above and not from below! It is very juicy! It is something between a soup and pie!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by