Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
For the crepes
- Put all of the ingredients (apart from the butter) into a blender. Beat for 10 seconds. You can also whisk together in a bowl, if you prefer.
- Refrigerate the crepe batter for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours before using.
- Heat a small non-stick pan.
- Add a very small amount of butter and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add 1-2 spoonfuls of the mixture to the center of the pan. Swirl so that the mixture is spread evenly.
- Cook for 30 seconds on both sides or until the crepes turn golden. The first one usually does not turn out so good, so don’t despair! Repeat process to make all the crepes.
For the filling
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium to low heat. Add the onion and sauté until it softened but not brown. Turn the heat up to medium-high. Add all the mushrooms and another 2 tablespoons of butter. (Or in 2 batches, half the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of butter and repeat.)
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the flour and pour the milk in slowly. Stir continuously until the sauce reduces to half. Add the white cheese. Allow the cheese to melt and immediately remove from heat.
- Lay 2 crepes onto a greased baking pan.
- Spread a thin layer of filling over the crepe. Sprinkle with some fresh onion or chives. Cover with another crepe and repeat process until the filling finishes.
- Sprinkle the grated parmesan over the final crepe.