- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 800 g fresh spinach
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 150 g heavy cream 35% fat
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1/3 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 bunches mint
Greek open faced spinach pie
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 190* C (374* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over high heat and add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Tear the spinach up with your hands and add it to the pan in batches.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, until all of the liquid has evaporated. You don’t want any moisture in the pie.
- When all of the spinach is ready, add the heavy cream. Stir until the volume of the spinach goes down and the heavy cream thickens.
- Remove from heat and add the dill, mint and spring onions.
- Add half of the crumbled feta cheese, lemon zest, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Stir and your filling is ready.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the shortcrust pastry in the pan and spread the filling over it.
- Roll the edge inward creating a small “envelope” all around the border.
- Add the cream cheese in small pieces all over the filling.
- Add the remaining crumbled feta.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, on the highest rack in the oven.
- When ready, remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut in to pieces. Drizzle with some olive oil, freshly ground pepper, herbs and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by