- 1 package puff pastry
- 150 g corn (canned)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 250 g smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 9 eggs (8+1)
- some water or milk
- 50 ml olive oil, for sauteeing
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Preheat oven to 200* C (392* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over high heat.
- Add some olive oil and the onion.
- Sauté for 2 minutes and add the garlic and corn.
- Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the spring onions and parsley.
- Lay a sheet of puff pastry in a 25 cm baking pan.
- Add the ham in a single layer over it.
- Add half of the sautéed onion mixture.
- Add half of the grated parmesan on top.
- Crack the eggs in to a plate. This is done to make sure there are no egg shells in the eggs.
- Carefully pour them over the layers in the baking pan without whisking them! Add them just as they are.
- Add the remaining onion mixture over them.
- Sprinkle some more grated parmesan, reserving some to sprinkle over the top at the end.
- Add the remaining slices of ham and cover with another sheet of puff pastry.
- In a small bowl whisk the extra egg along with a little bit of water and brush the surface of the pie.
- Make a few holes or scorings on the surface to allow the steam to escape while baking.
- Sprinkle the reserved grated parmesan and bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by