- 500 g feta cheese
- 200 g kasseri cheese, grated
- 100 g kefalotyri, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (only leaves)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 200 g milk
- 1 medium egg
- 60 g butter for the filling + 100 g for spreading on the phyllo
- 500 g thick phyllo (approx. 8-9 phyllo)
- sesame, for sprinkling the pie
- 1 tablespoon water
Greek spiral cheese pie
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven over 180ο C (355* F) Set to Fan.
- Crumble the feta in a bowl.
- Add the kasseri, kefalotyri, thyme, nutmeg, milk, egg, 60 g butter and pepper to the bowl. Mix with a spoon until homogenized. Divide the filling into 8 or 9 parts, depending on the quantity of our phyllo.
- Grease a round 30 cm pan. Roll out a phyllo on the kitchen counter, long side in front of you.
- Drizzle with butter with a brush without touching the phyllo. Spread the filling in a straight line.
- Roll the phyllo in and place it around the edge of the round pan. Repeat the same process for the rest of the phyllo creating a spiral-like form (when one phyllo ends the other should start).
- When done, butter the phyllo on top, sprinkle with sesame and sprinkle with some water.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the pie is golden.
- Remove from oven and set it on a rack for 15 minutes to cool.
- Cut in pieces and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by