- 200 g smoked ham, one piece
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1 egg, medium
- 4-5 sprigs thyme, only the leaves
- 5 phyllo dough sheets
- olive oil, for frying
Smoked ham cigars
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the smoked ham into 0.5 cm cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, egg, finely chopped thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon and set aside until needed.
- Cut the sheets of phyllo dough in half, horizontally (from the long side) so that you make 10 smaller sheets.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the filling in the middle and bottom end of each phyllo sheet.
- Fold the sides inward so that the filling doesn’t spill out and roll.
- Add a small amount of water to the edge so that it can stick and seal the cigar.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining sheets of phyllo.
- Place a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot.
- Fry the cigar rolls until crunchy and golden.
- When ready, transfer onto paper towels to drain from excess oil.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by