- 50 g brandy
- 200 g cranberries, dried + extra to serve
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 stick(s) celery, peeled
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 200 g champignon mushrooms
- 100 g arborio rice
- 50 g white wine, dry
- 600 g water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili flakes
- 100 g pistachios, finely chopped
- 120 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon(s) parsley, fresh
- 2 eggs, medium
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- lime zest, of 1 lime
- 80 g dry breadcrumbs
- butter, some, for the pan
- rosemary, the leaves, to serve
Savory Christmas cake with mushrooms
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180οC (356ο F) set to fan.
- Take a small saucepan, pour the cognac in, and add the 150 g cranberries.
- Place it over low heat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil, and let it get hot on medium heat.
- Peel and finely chop the onion, garlic, and celery, add them to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they are tender.
- Add the mushrooms cut into 4, and keep cooking.
- Add the rice, and after 1-2 minutes, deglaze the pan with the wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the water, the vegetable bouillon cube, and mix with a ladle for about 10 minutes, until the rice is done.
- Remove from the heat.
- Then, add all the remaining ingredients.
- Lastly, add the eggs and mix with the ladle for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is homogenized.
- Butter a 30x10 cm cake pan.
- At the bottom, place the cranberries that have been softened with the cognac, and press them with a spoon so that they cover the whole surface.
- Add the mixture, spread it with a spoon evenly, and cover the cake pan with parchment paper and aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, uncover the cake pan and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let it cool, take the cake out of the pan, and serve with cranberries and rosemary leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by