- 800 g puff pastry sheet
- 400 g spinach, frozen
- 250 g feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150 g heavy cream 35%
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
Easy Greek spinach pie
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Defrost the spinach. When it is at room temperature, squeeze it until all the liquid has drained completely.
- Spread the puff pastry on to a baking sheet. Prick with a fork to create small punctures everywhere. Preheat oven to 190* (370*F) Fan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Make sure you place the baking sheet on to one of the higher oven racks, above the fan. In this way we help the pastry become as “puffy” as much as possible. The hot air is coming from below and helps the pastry rise more.
- While the puff pastry is cooking, put the spinach in a small blender or food processor, along with the feta cheese and eggs. Pulse a few times, just to mix everything well.
- Remove the pastry from the oven. Press on it, to remove some of the “puff”. Add the filling with a spoon, and spread all over the pastry. On top of the filling, crumble the remaining cheese and also add small spoonfuls of cream cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the filling has thickened. Cut in to pieces. Sprinkle with dill, fresh onion, chopped tomato and grated lemon zest. Serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by