- 150 g self-rising flour
- 200 g butter, room temperature
- 400 g strained yogurt (Greek yogurt)
- 4 eggs
- 500 g feta cheese
- sesame seeds
- some butter, to grease baking dish
Quick Cheese Pie for the Lazy Cook
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Sugar Free Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as SF can be made when it contains less than 0.5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 100 ml of liquid food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
A big thank you to Anthula Hatzimihalaki for her quick and delicious recipe!!
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Beat the flour and butter for 2-3 minutes in a mixer, using the whisk attachment.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat for a while longer.
- Add the yogurt and mix gently with a silicon spatula.
- Finally, add the feta cheese, crumbled in large or small pieces, depending on your preference. Mix with the spatula.
- Grease a 27 cm pyrex dish or oven proof dish. Sprinkle with a generous amount of breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the mixture to the dish. Sprinkle with a generous amount of sesame seeds and some breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the tip turns golden brown.
- Serve the cheese pie by slicing a piece that suits your appetite best! Can be served warm or cold.
You can also add some grated yellow cheese that goes very nicely in this cheese pie!!!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by