- 200 g ham, one piece
- 300 g mixed cheeses, grated
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 650 g kourou dough
Quick Greek ham and cheese Kourou dough pie
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 170* C (338* F) Fan.
- Chop the ham into small cubes and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the mixed cheeses, diced red pepper and finely chopped chili pepper.
- Cut the tomato in half, lengthwise. Squeeze it with your hands to remove as much liquid and moisture as possible. Finely chop the flesh and add to bowl.
- Add the thyme and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread a sheet of Kourou dough in a 32x25 cm baking pan.
- Add the filling and cove with another sheet of Kourou dough.
- Press down on the edges all around the circumference, turning it inward to create a thick crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by