- 8 g dry yeast
- 250 g water, lukewarm
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 500 g all-purpose flour, divided in 100 and 400 g
- 120 g olive oil, divided in 50,20 and 50 g
- 3 ripe tomatoes, medium, cut into very thin slices
- 2 medium onions (1 finely chopped and 1 in thin slices)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- pepper, freshly ground
- 100 g rocket leaves, to serve
- 7 pastrami slices, to serve
Greek flatbread pizza – Ladenia
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Add the yeast into a large bowl and add the water. (Be careful, the water must be lukewarm and NOT hot as the yeast will burn up).
- By mixing with a hand whisk, add the salt, the 100 g flour, and the 50 g olive oil. Mix well until the mixture becomes thicker.
- Then, add the 400 g flour, keeping 2-3 tablespoons aside.
- Set the bowl in a warm spot until the yeast is activated.
- Mix with the hand whisk and then, knead with your hands for at least 10 minutes, until there is a nice and elastic dough. If it is too liquid, you can add a little of the flour that you had set aside.
- Add the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover it with a damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap, and leave it in a warm spot for about an hour until it doubles in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) set to fan.
- Take a large baking pan of 30-32 cm diameter, and grease it with the 20 g olive oil. Put the dough in it and spread it well with your hands.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes with the onions, the remaining 50 g olive oil, salt, pepper, and spread the mixture over the dough.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour.
- Serve with rocket leaves and, if you want, with pastrami slices.
If you can bake the ladenia in a wood-fired oven, you will realize that its flavor can be even greater!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by