- 1 kilo potatoes
- 500 g sweet potatoes
- 1 onion, medium, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil, +extra for drizzling
- 2 eggplants
- 2 zucchinis
- 4 eggs, medium, whisked
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, finely chopped
- 400 g tomato sauce, prepared
- 300 g feta cheese, crumbled
Potato and Vegetable Au Gratin
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Peel the potatoes and the onion.
- Thinly slice the potatoes, sweet potatoes, eggplants and zucchini with a mandolin or a sharp knife, making each slice about ½ cm thick.
- Boil the potatoes and the sweet potatoes for 5-7 minutes in a pot of boiling salted water, until they slightly soften.
- Place a grill pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Add the onion along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté until it softens.
- Brush the eggplants and zucchini with the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sauté them in the grill pan until golden on both sides.
- In the bowl with the whisked eggs, add salt, pepper and the finely chopped parsley.
- Preheat oven to 170* C (338* F) Fan.
- In a 25 cm spring form pan, spread 1/3 of the potato slices one next to the other. Spread the sweet potatoes slices over them in the same way.
- Cover with tomato sauce and spread a layer of onions, a layer of eggplants and a layer of zucchini in the same manner as the potatoes.
- Spread crumbled feta cheese on top and repeat the same process all over again, starting and ending with the potato slices.
- Add the egg mixture over them and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake again for 30 minutes, until nice and golden.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside to cool before serving.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by