- 400 g feta cheese
- 200 g cheese mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 300 g strained yogurt
- 450 g phyllo dough
- 150 g olive oil
Greek old rag pie – Patsavouropita
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 170ο C (340ο F) set to fan.
- Crumble the feta cheese and add it to a bowl. Add the cheese mix, eggs, pepper, nutmeg, yogurt, and mix well with a spoon.
- Spread the phyllo dough sheets onto your working surface.
- Grease a 28 cm round baking pan with olive oil.
- Drizzle one phyllo sheet with olive oil, crinkle it, and add it to the baking pan. Follow the same process for four more sheets until the base of the baking pan is covered.
- Spread the whole filling over the phyllo sheets.
- Drizzle one phyllo sheet with olive oil, crinkle it, and add it over the filling. Follow the same process for four more sheets until the whole filling is covered.
- Spread the remaining olive oil and bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow 20-30 minutes for it to cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by