- 25 g butter, melted
- 2 large leeks, only the white part cut into thin slices
- 4 carrots, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 400 ml water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream 35% fat
- 450 g turkey or chicken or pork, roasted and cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 package phyllo dough
- some fresh thyme, finely chopped
- some olive oil
Turkey and Leek Pie
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Melt the butter in a pot over low heat.
- Add the leeks and carrots and sauté for about 10 minutes, just until they soften but do not turn golden.
- Add the flour. Sauté for 1 minute while stirring with a spatula. Add the bouillon cube and water. Cook for 5-10 minutes over medium heat, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the mustard, heavy cream, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and turkey pieces. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Brush a round or rectangular pyrex dish, that can hold at least 2 liters, with olive oil. Transfer mixture to dish.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- While the oven is preheating, brush oil onto each piece of phyllo dough, one at a time. Crumble them and place them next to one another over the filling. They should look like nice folds over the whole surface of the pie.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by