- 1 kilo spinach
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 spring onions
- zest, of 1 lemon
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 850 g puff pastry sheets
- 150 g feta cheese
- 500 ml sunflower oil
Greek fried spinach pies – Saitia
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a frying pan over high heat.
- Add the spinach, the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Coarsely chop the spring onions and add them to the pan.
- Sauté for 10-15 minutes until the spinach wilts. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place a deep frying pan with the sunflower oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the lemon zest, the mint coarsely chopped, and mix.
- Place one puff pastry sheet onto your working surface and add the spinach mixture over the whole surface of the sheet.
- Add the feta crumbled into pieces and cover with the other puff pastry sheet. Press the mixture over the whole surface with your fingers, so that the ingredients stick together.
- Cut into triangle or square pieces and transfer to the hot sunflower oil. Fry in batches, for 2-3 minutes, until they are golden.
- Remove, place them on paper towels, and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by