- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 eggplant, cut in to 8 slices
- sunflower oil
- 260 g feta cheese, in one piece
- 1 large tomato, cut in to 8 thin slices, seeds removed
- flour for dusting
- 1 egg yolk, diluted with water for brushing
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- flaxseeds, for sprinkling
Eggplant and Feta Puff Pastry Turnovers
1 hour 30 minutes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (392* F) Fan.
- Fry the eggplant slices in some olive oil and let them drain on paper towels.
- Pat the block of feta cheese dry with paper towels and cut in to 8 pieces.
- Cut the tomato in to 8 thin slices, remove seeds and drain from excess juices.
- Spread the first sheet of puff pastry on to a lightly dusted working surface and add the 8 pieces of feta at equal intervals.
- Place the tomato and eggplant slices over the feta pieces and sprinkle with oregano.
- Brush the unfilled areas of puff pastry, cover with the second sheet of puff pastry and press down around the filling with a fork to seal.
- Cut the puff pastry in to 8 pieces and transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the surface of each turnover with the egg diluted with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds and flaxseeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by