Such a simple recipe to make…
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over high heat. Sauté the mushrooms, vegetables or greens. You don’t want there to be a lot of juices apart from the heavy cream and eggs, so sauté the vegetables well.
- Brown the sausages or bacon in a pan without any oil.
- You can make this dish as rich or as light as you like, depending on the ingredients you choose.
- Beat the milk, eggs, mustard and dry herbs in a blender.
- Season sparingly since the cheese and cold cuts contain quite a bit of salt already.
- Grease the baking pan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. You do not have to do this if they are non-stick.
- Place the pieces of bread in a layer on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with some cheese, half of the remaining ingredients, some more cheese, the rest of the bread, a little more cheese, the other half of the ingredients and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour. It may take a little longer depending on how juicy your ingredients are.