- 1 eggplant, cut into slices
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and quartered
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeds removed and quartered
- 5 teaspoon(s) olive oil, infused with basil
- 50 g butter, melted
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- basil leaves
- 100 g gruyere cheese
- 5 phyllo dough sheets
Savory Provencal Studel
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Turn on the broiler, set to 200* C (390* F).
- Drizzle the eggplants and peppers with the basil infused olive oil. Roast until they soften. The peppers need about 10 minutes and the eggplants need 20 minutes.
- When the peppers are ready, transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let them cool for 5 minutes. This process will help to peel them easier.
- Adjust the oven to preheat at 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread a sheet of phyllo dough on it. Brush phyllo with butter.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough. Sprinkle some grated gruyere and ½ the pine nuts over the top sheet.
- Add the peppers, eggplants and the remaining grated gruyere and pine nuts in layers, leaving a 2.5 cm border on the longer side.
- Fold the longer edge with the border inward and roll into a log.
- Brush the remaining butter over the top. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle some grated parmesan.
- Transfer roll to baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, until crunchy and golden.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by