The cream-cognac combination will make you want to eat the filling by the spoonful before you even make the tart!!
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
For the filling
- Place a pan over medium to high heat and let it get very hot.
- Chop the mushrooms in to pieces. (If they are small cut in half and if they are large, quarter them.)
- Add 1/3 of the mushrooms to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sauté without stirring too often so they can dry out.
- When ready, remove from pan and transfer to a strainer that has been placed in a bowl, to drain.
- Repeat the same process for the other 2/3 of the mushrooms.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the same pan and sauté the cubes of smoked ham until golden.
- Roughly chop the leeks and add them to the pan along with some thyme, pepper and salt.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes, until they caramelize nicely and transfer to a bowl to cool.
For the tart
- Grease a round 26 cm spring form pan and start to lay the sheets of dough, brushing each one with olive oil when adding. Place them in a crisscross manner so that the bottom of the pan is covered completely and evenly.
- Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and add cooking weights.
- Bake the bottom crust for 20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven, remove weights and plastic wrap.
- Prepare the filling by combining the heavy cream, eggs, cognac, salt, pepper and thyme until completely combined.
- Pour in to tart and bake for 40 minutes, until lightly golden.
- When ready, remove from oven and serve.