- 1 puff pastry
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 g fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, just the leaves
- 250 g feta cheese
- 250 g beetroots, boiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, finely chopped
- basil leaves, to serve
Beetroot and feta tart
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (392ο F) set to fan.
- Spread the puff pastry onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Pierce several spots of its surface with a fork, so that it doesn't rise a lot, and bake for 15 minutes until it is slightly golden and rises a bit.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Finely chop the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Cut the spinach leaves with your hands and add them to the pan. Mix with a wooden fork, so that the spinach reduces a little in volume. Remove the pan from the heat and set the spinach into a strainer to remove its excess moisture.
- In a bowl, crumble the feta cheese with your hands.
- Cut the beetroots into slices and add them to the bowl. Add the finely chopped hazelnuts, the thyme, and mix.
- Spread the spinach along the puff pastry by leaving a 1-2 cm border all around.
- Cover with the feta, beets- hazelnuts mixture. Bake for 10 more minutes and serve with basil leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by