- 100 g butter, melted + extra for brushing
- 1 pack of shredded phyllo dough (kataifi) (500 g)
- 350 g country cheese
- 250 g feta cheese
- 250 g gruyere cheese
- 300 g heavy cream 35% fat
- 500 g milk 3.5% fat
- 4 eggs, medium
- freshly ground pepper
Triple Cheese Pie with a Shredded Phyllo Crust
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Melt 100 g of butter in the microwave or in a saucepan and brush a 25x35 cm baking dish with some of it.
- Using both hands “pull apart” the shredded phyllo dough so that it can become nice and fluffy.
- Spread half of it evenly in the ovenproof dish.
- Grate the feta, gruyere and country cheese in to a bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Spread over the phyllo dough, leaving a 1-2 cm border all around.
- Cover with the remaining shredded phyllo dough and press down on it with the palm of your hand so that it can “sit comfortably” in the dish.
- Press down all around the border with your fingers so that both the top and bottom of the phyllo stick together so that the cheese filling doesn’t spill out when it melts while baking.
- In a bowl, whisk the heavy cream, eggs, the rest of the melted butter and freshly ground pepper until completely combined.
- Pour over the cheese pie evenly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Then, remove foil and lower temperature to 190* C (370* F) Fan.
- Bake for another 30 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow it to cool before cutting into pieces and serving.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by