- 2 leeks
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 450 g mixed cheeses, grated
- 400 g feta cheese
- 300 g anthotyro cheese
- 3 eggs
- zest, of 1 lemon
- 850 g puff pastry sheets
- 50 g sesame seeds
Cheese pie with puff pastry
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (356ο F) set to fan.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cut the leeks into small pieces and add them to the frying pan. Add the butter, olive oil, pepper, 1 tablespoon thyme, and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl add the grated cheeses, the feta and anthotyro cheese crumbled, eggs, lemon zest, pepper, 1 tablespoon thyme, and mix.
- Spread the puff pastry sheets onto your working surface and cut each one into 4 strips from the larger side.
- Butter a 27 cm bundt pan and spread half of the sesame seeds.
- Take the puff pastry strips separately and place them vertically into the bundt pan. Place the puff pastry sheets all around so that they cover the whole surface of the pan. Make sure to not leave a gap between the puff pastry sheets.
- Add ½ of the cheese filling, the leeks, the rest of the cheese filling, and cover with the puff pastry that is sticking out all around the pan.
- Spread a little water with a pastry brush, sprinkle the rest of the sesame seeds, and bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Allow 15-20 minutes for it to cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by