- 300 g ham, cut into cubes
- 300 g mixed cheeses, grated
- 100 g butter
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 500 g milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 100 g olive oil
- 1 egg yolk, medium egg
- 450 g phyllo dough sheets
Ham and Cheese Pie with Béchamel Sauce
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 170* C (338* F) Fan.
- Place a pot over low heat.
- Add the butter and let it heat for 2 minutes to start melting.
- Add the flour and whisk until all of the butter is absorbed.
- Add the milk in small batches while continuously whisking, until you create a smooth and creamy béchamel that is quite thick.
- Remove from heat, add the egg yolk, cheeses, ham cubes, thyme, parsley, nutmeg salt and pepper. Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Brush a 25x35 cm baking pan with olive oil.
- Add a sheet of phyllo dough and brush with oil.
- Cover with another sheet of phyllo, brush with oil and repeat the same process until you have added 5 sheets of phyllo that have been brushed with oil generously.
- Add the filling and spread evenly with a wooden spoon.
- Cover with another 5 sheets of phyllo, brushing each one with olive oil.
- Fold the edges of the phyllo inward if they are longer than the baking pan and brush the surface of the pie with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour, until golden.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by