We’d like to thank our member Mary Petrou for this delicious gluten free cupcake recipe, made with tahini, bananas and chocolate.
For the tahini sauce:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Combine the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped walnuts, and finely chopped couverture in a bowl. Set aside until needed.
- In a mixer, beat the tahini, sugar and vanilla with the whisk attachment until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add the orange juice and beat a little longer.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Do not mash them completely. There should be some small pieces left.
- Add the mashed bananas to the tahini mixture.
- Last, add the flour mixture. Beat just until the mixture becomes wet and combined. Do not overmix.
- Line a 6 cup large cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Divide the mixture among the cups (about 1 heaping tablespoon for each).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, at the most.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- You can serve them plain, dusted with caster sugar or with the tahini sauce.