- 120 g dates, pitted
- 125 g sunflower seeds, unsalted and shelled or your choice of nuts
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 2 small sprigs of mint, only the leaves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (or honey or maple syrup)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons water from the soaked dates, optional
- 30 g cocoa powder, for dusting
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a bowl, add the dates and enough boiling water to cover them completely.
- Let them soak for a few minutes.
- In a food processor, beat the sunflower seeds until they are finely ground.
- Drain the dates and add them to the food processor.
- Beat for a few minutes, until the dates almost completely break down. There should still be some small pieces intact.
- Add the cocoa powder, mint leaves, vanilla extract, agave syrup and salt.
- Beat for 3-4 minutes, until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Press the mixture between your fingers to check the consistency. If the mixture falls apart between your fingers, add some water and beat some more. You want the mixture to be sticky and pliable so that you can knead it easily.
- When ready, shape the mixture in to small balls that are 20 g -25 g each.
- Dust with cocoa powder and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.