- 750 g butter
- 300 g brandy
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 g icing sugar + 200 g for dusting
- 1200 g gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 250 g blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
Greek gluten free almond cookies - Kourabiedes
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 190* C (374* F) Fan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and remove the white froth with a slotted spoon.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the brandy, rosewater, vanilla extract and icing sugar. Whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Lightly crush the almonds in a food processor and add them to the bowl with the flour.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Begin mixing with a wooden spoon and then continue mixing with your hands until you create a nice dough.
- Shape the mixture into almond cookies (kourabiedes) that should be the size of a small walnut (30 g).
- Place them on to a nonstick pan or a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and carefully remove them from the baking pan and place on a wire rack to cool. When they are warm they are very soft.
- When completely cool, sprinkle with some rose water.
- Dust with some icing sugar using a sifter.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by