- 200 g dates, pitted
- 100 g brandy
- 150 g oats
- 100 g walnuts, + extra, to serve
- juice, of 1 small orange
- zest, of 1 small orange
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 100 g chocolate couverture, melted
Raw Greek Christmas honey cookies -Melomakarona
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a bowl, add the dates with the cognac, and let them soak for 30 minutes. You can soak the dates simply in water if you do not want to add alcohol into the recipe.
- In a blender, beat the oats and the walnuts for a few seconds, until powdered.
- Transfer into a large bowl along with the orange zest, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Drain the dates from the cognac and add them into the food processor along with the honey and the juice. Beat for a few seconds until they are dissolved and turned into a paste.
- Add the solid ingredients’ mixture, and beat for a few seconds until there is a malleable mixture.
- Shape into honey cookies -melomakarona, of 30 g each, and with the back of a spider strainer spoon or with a sieve, roll the honey cookies so to create designs.
- Decorate with melted chocolate couverture, walnuts, and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by