- 30 g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 250 ml water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 vanilla bean
- the juice from ½ a lemon
- 4-5 cardamom seeds, lightly crushed
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
Sweet Cherry Tomatoes with Ginger and Cardamom
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Remove the stem from the cherry tomatoes and lightly carve on the bottom in a crisscross manner.
- Bring a pot full of water to a boil. Carefully add the cherry tomatoes and boil for 4-5 minutes, until the peel starts to loosen. Remove them from the pot and submerge them in some ice water.
- Peel their skin and set aside.
- Slice the vanilla bean open and gently remove the seeds with the back end of a knife.
- In a saucepan, add the water, sugar, honey, vanilla seeds, vanilla bean and the cardamom seeds.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, allow to boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the thyme and rosemary.
- Gently stir and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to allow the aromas to infuse the syrup.
- Pass mixture through a strainer and pour back into saucepan. Put back on heat and add the cherry tomatoes and finely chopped ginger. Simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes or until the cherry tomatoes have softened and the syrup thickens to our liking.
- Make sure the syrup thickens enough. You do not want a syrup that is thin in consistency. If it has not thickened enough let it simmer until it becomes a thick syrup.
- Set aside to cool and pour into sterilized jars.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by