- 1 kilo watermelon, rind and seeds removed
- 800 g granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- juice from 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons mastic liqueur
Greek Watermelon Spoon Sweet
1 hour 20 minutes
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Thanks to our member Katerina Tsoutsa for this recipe!
- Remove rind and seeds from watermelon and cut into 3 cm pieces. Place in a strainer and allow them to strain for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon juice and sugar. Mix with a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Put a few small plates in the freezer.
- In a pot, add the watermelon pieces, finely chopped lemon peels and mastic liqueur. Simmer over medium heat, until the syrup thickens.
- There are a few ways to check if your syrup is ready. One way is to drip a few drops onto one of the frozen plates. If the drops are thick enough to stay in place and not runny, it is ready.
- Another way is to pour a little more syrup onto the plate and run a spoon through it. If the two sections remain parted then it is ready.
- The third way is to drip a little syrup into a class of chilled water. If it is ready, the syrup should fall like a thin thread through the water and not dissolve in it.
- Transfer the watermelon mixture to a container. Store in a cool place for up to 1 year.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by