- 1 kilo pomegranate, seeds
- 500 ml water
- 600 g granulated sugar
- lemon juice, of 1 lemon
- lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 stick(s) cinnamon
- 70 g glucose
Pomegranate Spoon Sweet
1 medium jar
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
To prepare the pomegranate:
- Cut the pomegranate in half.
- Transfer to a bowl with enough water to cover them and allow them to soften slightly.
- Slowly remove the white fibers and the skin, leaving only the pomegranate seeds in the bowl.
- Drain the seeds.
For the spoon sweet
- In a pot, add the pomegranate seeds, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and water. If you are using a vanilla pod, cut it in half lengthwise, remove the vanilla seeds and add them to the pot along with the pod.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow the pomegranate seeds to release all of their juices. Don't boil the mixture for too long or else the seeds will melt completely.
- Refrigerate for 1 day.
- The next day, remove pot from refrigerator and place back on heat. Add the glucose syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and simmer for another 15-30 minutes until the sweet thickens.
- Transfer to sterilized glass jars while the mixture is still hot. Cover with lids, quickly.
- While unopened, the jars can be stored at room temperature. Once opened,store in the refrigerator for a few months.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by