- 1 small pumpkin about 1,2 kilos
- 200 ml orange juice
- 900 g granulated sugar
- 100 g water
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- grated zest of 2 lemons
- grated zest of 2 oranges
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Cut the pumpkin in half and then each half into 8 pieces.
- Remove the pulp and seeds. Remove the rind and grate into very thin strips.
- Place the strips, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, water, vanilla extract, grated zest of lemon and orange into a bowl and combine.
- Cover the bowl with a sheet of parchment paper. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, transfer the mixture to a stainless steel pot. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put back into a bowl. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper. Refrigerate again overnight.
- The next day, put back into a pot and boil again, removing froth when necessary.
- Continue to boil for 5-10 minutes over high heat. Continue to remove froth when it surfaces, until the jam has thickened.
- When the jam is ready, transfer to a jar immediately and seal tightly.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.