- 1 kilo rainier cherries (net weight without pits and stems)
- 1 kilo jam sugar (with pectin)
- juice from 1 lemon
- a few drops of rose water
- 2 handfuls of rose petals
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos
- Wash and dry the cherries. Put them in a bowl along with the sugar and lemon juice. Let them sit for 1 hour. Crush the cherries with your hand so that they release even more of their juice.
- After 1 hour, transfer the mixture to a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Allow to cool. Cover with a plate and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, strain the mixture and pour juice into a pot.
- Boil for 5 minutes and remove froth as it emerges.
- Add the cherries and rose petals. Bring to a boil again.
- Boil over high heat for 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add the rose water. Stir to combine. Pour into jars.
- Seal and store.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.