- 1300 g melon (net weight)
- 500 g granulated sugar
- juice from 2 lemons, medium sized
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 star anise pods
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
This marmalade can be enjoyed as a spoon sweet or added over yogurt or over slices of bread and tasty yellow cheese!
- Peel the melon and cut into 2x2 cm pieces.
- In a stainless steel pot, add the melon, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with a large sheet of parchment paper and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, drain the juice into the pot and set the pieces of melon aside.
- Place pot over high heat and boil the juice for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the melon, lemon zest and star anise.
- Boil for another 15-20 minutes over high heat.
- To make sure the marmalade is ready, test the consistency in a cold plate.
- You MUST mix very often so that the marmalade doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When ready, immediately transfer to sterilized jars and seal.
- Good luck!!
Rate this recipe You need to login