- 1,2 kilos oranges
- 750 g apples, green
- 1200 g granulated sugar
- 950 g water
- 2 oranges
- juice, from 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) anise, ground
Orange-Apple Spice Marmalade
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Peel and wash the apples thoroughly under running water.
- Cut them into 4 pieces removing only the core.
- In a pot, add 750 g of water and the apples. We boil them on low heat for 30 minutes. The apples should soften.
- Take the mixture from the pot, making sure to drain the liquid into a bowl, through a fine strainer. It’s a good idea to take the back of a spoon and press on the apples so they can release all their juices. Do not apply much pressure on the apples so that the juice doesn’t get a cloudy film.
- Take the juice extract and pour it through a sieve that is lined with either a cheese cloth or some sort of towel, so that the liquid comes out clear. It’s a good idea to place it in the refrigerator and leave it overnight.
- The next day, take 500 gr of the juices and very carefully pour it in a pot.
- We are very careful not to stir the mixture so that the solids from the bottom don’t rise, this will help us have a more translucent marmalade at the end.
- Squeeze 500 gr of fresh orange juice collecting the pith and pips straining them through a cheese cloth or muslin and tie them shut.
- With a vegetable brush we wash 2 oranges very well and cut them into wedges. Place the oranges in a small pot and add 200 gr of water and 200 gr of sugar, simmer until the oranges are translucent.
- In another small pot we add the apple juice, orange juice, 1 kilo of sugar, lemon juice the spices and the pith and pits in the cheesecloth. We bring them up to a boil and stir very slowly, removing any foam that arises. We boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and take out the sac with the piths and pits and then proceed to check on the consistency of the marmalade. Let stand for 15 minutes and pour into jars. To preserve the marmalade we place it in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by