- 1 ½ kilo granny smith apples
- 1 kilo granulated sugar
- 1 liter water
- juice from 1 lemon
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Rinse the apples in cold water. Remove the stem and seeds. Cut them into 4 equal parts without peeling them.
- Put them in a pot and fill with enough cold water to cover the apples completely.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat and simmer for ½ an hour.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer. Press gently with the back side of a slotted spoon.
- Wet a cheesecloth and wring it well. Pour the mixture into the cheesecloth and let it strain through.
- Transfer the strained juice to a pot. Add the lemon juice and sugar.
- Bring it to a boil and remove froth every so often.
- Continue to boil for 5-10 minutes over high heat, removing froth whenever necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl and let it cool a little.
- Pour pectin into a jar and seal tightly.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.