Instructions for the crust:
- Preheat oven to 160* (320*F) Fan.
- In a food processor, beat the butter and graham crackers.
- Brush some melted butter along the sides of a 28 cm break-apart pan, so that the cheesecake won’t stick.
- Spread the cookie mixture on to the bottom of the pan and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Instructions for the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 230* (440*F) Fan.
- It is very important that the cream cheese is at room temperature when you begin. Put the cream cheese in a mixer. Beat with the wire attachment for 2 minutes, until it becomes light, fluffy and creamy.
- Add half of the sugar and beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, so that all the cream cheese is mixed in. Add the remaining sugar, salt, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the 2 yolks, Beat on low, until all the ingredients become fully incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, again. Add the eggs, one at a time. Once it has all been combined, transfer to the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, making sure not to open the oven door while baking. Once 10 minutes have gone by, turn the heat down to 100* (200*F) Fan. Bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Using a knife with a very thin blade, cut, very carefully around the pan. This will release any parts where the cheesecake may have stuck to the pan.
- Do not remove from pan. Let it cool completely (2 hours).
- Put it in the refrigerator.