Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 100ο C (210ο F) set to fan.
- In a mixer’s bowl add the egg whites, the vanilla extract, the salt, and beat them with the whisk attachment at high speed. The salt helps the meringue thicken faster.
- Add the granulated sugar in 2 batches and keep beating with the whisk attachment at high speed, for about 5 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and keep beating at high speed for a few seconds. You want the icing sugar to be incorporated into the mixture and the meringue to stiffen well.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spread a little meringue under the parchment paper and to the 4 edges of the pan, so that the parchment sticks on the baking pan well.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and transfer the meringue to a pastry bag with a 10 mm French star tip.
- Shape the meringues on the baking pan by making 4 “nests” in which you will add the whipped cream.
- Bake for about 2 hours, depending on their size.
- Remove the meringues from the oven and let them cool completely for 30 minutes.
- Add the whipped cream into a pastry bag and fill the meringue nests.
- Sprinkle the pavlovas with toasted almonds, decorate with mint leaves, and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by