French Toast with Cereal
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Whisk the milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together in a bowl, until combined and the mixture becomes a bit fluffy.
- Place the slices of bread in a baking pan and pour mixture over them.
- Set aside for 5 minutes so that the bread can soak up the mixture.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add half of the bread slices and cook on one side for 2 minutes, until light golden.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan and add the remaining slices of bread. Cook in the same way.
- When ready, transfer all of the cooked bread slices to a baking pan, cooked side down.
- Add the cereal and press down gently so they can stick to the bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and serve with fresh strawberries and some honey.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by