- 100 g butter, melted + extra for spreading
- 390 g water, 140 g + 250 g separate
- 160 g corn starch
- 400 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) red food coloring paste
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) rosewater
- 50 g pistachios, shelled + some extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cardamom, powder
- icing sugar, for sprinkling
Pistachio and Rose Red Velvet Halva
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Grease a 23 cm diameter round pan.
- Place 140 g water in a bowl and add the cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Pour the rest of the water in a pot. Add the sugar and boil over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the water-cornstarch mixture whisking continuously. The mixture will look like wood glue.
- Add the food coloring paste. Stir slowly adding the melted butter until the cornstarch is cooked and the mixture has a transparent and velvety texture.
- Add 2 tablespoons rose water, the pistachios, and cardamom. Stir, taste to see if you need to add the 3rd tablespoon rose water.
- Spread the mixture in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle some pistachios on top (slightly crumbled) and press so that they stick on the surface.
- Allow 8 hours or a night so that the dessert comes to room temperature. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
You can also serve it cut in small bites.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by