For the Christmas cookie crust
- Beat Aki’s Spiced Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona) in a food processor, until finely ground. Add the butter and beat until you create a dough that isn’t very firm.
- Transfer to a 25 cm spring form pan. Spread on the bottom and press down with your hands to create a compact crust. You might want to wear disposable gloves to do this.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
For the filling
- Soak the gelatin sheets in a bowl full of cold water, until they soften.
- Beat the cream cheese, orange juice, orange zest and 150 g heavy cream in a mixer on medium speed.
- Heat the remaining cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Do not let it boil too long so that the cream doesn’t burn.
- Remove the gelatin sheets from the bowl and wring with your hands to release all of the water.
- Add them to the hot cream and whisk until the gelatin sheets melt completely. Set aside to cool.
- Add the cream-gelatin mixture to the mixer’s bowl and beat to combine.
- Pour mixture over chilled crust and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- You might like to decorate the top of the cheesecake with the remaining spiced Christmas cookies. You can use cookie cutters to cut them into any shape you like or crumble them.
- Serve with honey and walnuts. Make it look festive!