Watch the video in sign language here.
For the cheesecake crust
- Put the sandwich cookies in a food processor and beat them until they are finely ground.
- Add the melted butter and beat for another 30 seconds until the butter is absorbed.
- Transfer mixture to a 24 cm spring form pan.
- Spread it on the bottom of the pan and then gently press down on it with your hands until it becomes compact. Set aside and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For the filling
- Beat the mascarpone in a mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat for 2-3 minutes on medium to high speed until it is light and fluffy. Make sure the mascarpone cheese is at room temperature.
- Add the hazelnut chocolate praline and beat until it is completely combined.
- Remove the mixing bowl and stir with a spatula.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Smooth the top of the filling with a spatula so it can look nice. Refrigerate for 5 hours.
For the hazelnut chocolate praline ganache
- Place the hazelnut chocolate praline in a bowl.
- In a pot, heat the heavy cream over low heat. When it comes to a boil pour the hazelnut chocolate praline in.
- You can also microwave the mixture for 1 1/2 minutes at 700 watt.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator.
- Pour the ganache over the cheesecake.
- Smooth the top nicely with a spatula.
- Refrigerate again for 2-3 hours, until it is completely chilled.
- Decorate and serve the cheesecake with candy hazelnuts.