Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
For the crust:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Press mixture onto the bottom of a 24 cm springform pan that has been brushed with melted butter. Chill for 2 hours and fill immediately.
For the filling:
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over medium to low heat. Add the sugar and start to stir slowly with a fork, until it melts and becomes golden, turning into caramel. As soon as it is ready, remove from heat and carefully add the heavy cream (the caramel will harden).
- Return pan to heat.
- Cook over medium to low heat, stirring continuously until the caramel dissolves. Remove from heat and add the chocolate. Stir until it melts and completely combined in the mixture. Add the yogurt and stir.
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixer until it becomes fluffy. Start to add the chocolate mixture, a little at a time while beating on low speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting until each egg is completely incorporated into the mixture before adding the next one. Add the vanilla. Scrape down the bowl when necessary with a spatula.
- Place the springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Carefully fill baking pan 2/3 of the way with boiling water Add the filling over the base.
- Place in the middle of the oven. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to dislodge. Place pan on wire rack and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a serving platter. Bring to room temperature before serving.