- 150 g egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 150 g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon green color paste
- ½ teaspoon red color paste
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Beat 150 g egg whites with a pinch of salt in a mixer using the whisk attachment, until fluffy.
- Add 150 g granulated sugar in small batches.
- Beat for another 8-10 minutes, until the sugar dissolves completely and stiff, shiny peaks form.
- When ready, add 150 g caster sugar and beat for another 10 seconds.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 3 bowls.
- To make the meringue green, add ½ teaspoon green color paste.
- To make the meringue red, add ½ teaspoon red color paste.
- You will need 3 piping bags.
- Attach the star tip to the first bag.
- Make a small hole at the end of the second bag.
- Make a larger hole at the end of the third bag.
For the Christmas hats:
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pipe small circles using the white meringue.
- Using the red meringue, create a funnel or hat shape.
- Using the white meringue, pipe a small white dot at the top.
For the trees:
- Using the green meringue, pipe meringue to create small tree shapes.
- Heat the oven to 90* C (194* F). Bake meringues for 1 ½ - 2 hours.
- Use these Christmas meringues to decorate cakes or cupcakes!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.