- 150 g raisins, black
- 150 g raisins, golden
- 150 g plums, dried, coarsely chopped
- 170 ml Mavrodafni (sweet fortified wine)
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 150 g butter, cut into small cubes
- 150 g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- zest, of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs, medium
- 1 apple, green
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 120 g vodka, to flambé
Flaming Christmas pudding
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the black raisins, golden raisins, prunes and mavrodaphni.
- Heat for 3-4 minutes, until the fruit soften and set aside to cool.
- Place a large pot filled with water over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- You will need a 20 cm round steamed pudding mold that can hold 1.7 liters.
- Generously grease both mold and lid with butter.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients apart from the vodka and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the fruit mixture and stir just to distribute them.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pudding mold and press down on it to spread evenly. Cover with lid.
- Transfer to pot with boiling water, making sure that the pudding mold is always submerged in the water up to the middle. You have to check on it often to make sure the water doesn’t evaporate and fall beneath this point. If it does, simply add more water so that it is submerged again up to the middle.
- Lower heat and simmer covered with lid for 4 hours.
- When ready, carefully remove the pudding mold from the pot and set aside at room temperature.
- You can prepare the pudding days ahead, covered, and leave it at room temperature until you want to serve it.
- Before serving you need to boil it in the same way for another 3 hours.
- When ready, carefully remove it from the pot, remove the lid and turn out on to a serving platter.
- Heat the vodka in a small saucepan. When it becomes warm and is about to come to a boil, immediately remove from heat and light up the vodka with a matchstick.
- Pour the flaming vodka over the pudding and flambé!
- You can also pour the hot vodka over the pudding first and then light it up with a match to flambé.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by