We’d like to thank Josepha Peggou, a sugar artist, for her wonderful creation!
For the cupcakes
- Heat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Beat the sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a mixer, on medium speed, until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Gradually add half of the milk.
- Combine the remaining milk, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add them to the mixer. Beat until incorporated.
- Add the batter to a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners, filling each cup 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
For the frosting
- Beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a mixer for about 15 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Lower the mixer’s speed and add the milk and red sugar paste.
- Beat for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag, and pipe out the frosting on to the cupcakes, in the shape of a rose.
- You can also get all of the equipment necessary to make the presentation we have created! You will need a flower pot, a round piece of styrofoam, toothpicks and colored wrapping paper.