- 250 g Arborio rice or rice for risotto
- 250 ml -500 ml water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml milk 3,5% fat
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamom seeds or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 ripe mango, to serve
- 20 g pistachio nuts, shelled and coarsely chopped, to serve
- mint leaves, finely chopped, to serve
- 50 g honey, to serve
Exotic rice pudding
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, coconut milk, milk, sugar and aromatics in a spice bag, so they can be easily removed. (If you don't have a spice bag, wrap them in a piece of thin cloth and tie with kitchen twine.)
- Add the water in batches.
- As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring continuoulsy so that the milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.
- While the rice pudding is cooking prepare a mango. To remove the pit, cut the flesh away from the pit. Cut 2-3 slice and peel them. Cut the remaining mango in to cubes by cutting in to the flesh in a crisscross manner and then remove the flesh from the skin.
- As soon as the rice pudding starts to thicken, remove from heat and divide equally in to serving bowls.
- Top with some crushed pistachio nuts, some mango cubes, mango slices, and drizzle with honey.
- You can serve it warm or cold. If you like it cold, refrigerate to chill.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by