- 75 g golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- ½ slice white sandwich bread, crust removed
- 120 g butter, unsalted, melted and at room temperature
- 2 large green apples, peeled, cut in half, seeds removed and cut into slices 6 mm thick
- 1 red apple, peeled, cut in half, seeds removed and cut into slices 6 mm thick
- 50 g walnuts, toasted and chopped, optional
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 ½ teaspoons icing sugar
Quick Apple Strudel
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Position the oven rack right below the middle level and preheat oven to 220* C (428* F) Fan.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the raisins with the cognac. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute at 800 watts. Remove and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the bread about 6 times to get breadcrumbs.
- Combine the breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon melted butter in a 20 cm pan. Toast for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir often until they turn golden and transfer to a large bowl.
- Remove the plastic wrap covering the bowl with the raisins. Drain and discard the juice. Add the raisins, apples, walnuts (optional), 50 g granulated sugar, lime juice, cinnamon and salt. Toss.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper, horizontally, on a working surface.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry on the left side of the parchment. Brush with some melted butter and sprinkle with 25 g granulated sugar.
- Place the second sheet of puff pastry on the right side of the parchment, making sure it covers about 10 cm of the first puff pastry. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of granulated sugar.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining 8 sheets of puff pastry, brushing each one with melted butter and sprinkling with granulated sugar.
- Add the filling along the lower edge of the puff pastry, leaving a border that is 6.5 cm from the front and 5 cm from the sides.
- Begin by turning over the sides of the puff pastry to cover the filling and continue by turning over the front side of the puff pastry.
- Start to roll into a log.
- Transfer strudel to baking pan, placing seam side down.
- Brush the remaining melted butter over the top and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- Use a sharp knife to score the strudel in 4 places to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan while baking to ensure even baking.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside to cool a little.
- While it is still warm, sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm or at room temperature. You can also add a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by